POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Bug List Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:07 EDT (-0400)
  Bug List (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Tim Attwood
Subject: Bug List
Date: 5 Feb 2008 06:42:41
Message: <47a84bb1$1@news.povray.org>
I've gone thru and tested these bugs on beta 25,
I hope it's handy to have them listed in one place.

Animation Frame Zero
--------------------
When using animation the numbering of the first frame filename is
forced to 1 when starting at frame 0.
+kfi0 +kff2 +ki0 +kf2 +fn
results in two frames 1 and 2, not three frames 0, 1, and 2.

Facets Pattern Error
--------------------
Using facets as a controlling pattern for a normal map results in an
unspecified error. This should be caught at parse time to
give a specific error. Existed 3.6 as well.

Malformed Nested #declare Doesn't Raise Error
A declare of the form...
#declare Weird = #declare Aval = 1;
parses without an error. This is probably should raise an error,
or at least a warning, since it can terminate inside nested
#if and #while statements. Existed in 3.6 as well.

Partial Transparency Blocky Artifacts
-------------------------------------
When looking thru a partially transparent object, there can
be block edged light spots, and raster lines (about 32x32 pixels).

Partial Transparency Shadow Issue
Shadows of overlapping objects, with partially transparent textures,
can have speckled shadows, probably due to coincident intersections.

Reflective Texture Maps Abrupt Exit
Texture maps containing reflective textures can cause a crash.

Transform Block Misaligns Texture in Union
Use of transform {} may misalign textures in unioned objects.

Post a reply to this message