POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 24 available for Windows Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Beta 24 available for Windows (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Chris Cason
Subject: Beta 24 available for Windows
Date: 28 Dec 2007 14:51:24
Message: <477553bc@news.povray.org>
Beta 24 is now available for Windows, with Linux to follow shortly.

Goodies new to this beta include multi-threaded photon shooting, full area
light diffuse and specular illumination, support for reading the pixel
resolution of an image map, and a new cubic pattern and warp.

See http://www.povray.org/beta/ for the full release notes and download.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

> Goodies new to this beta include multi-threaded photon shooting

What a great timing you have. Last night I spent half an hour shooting
photons (and I had to abort the render because it was shooting more
photons than my RAM allowed).

Post a reply to this message

> Beta 24 is now available for Windows, with Linux to follow shortly.
>
> Goodies new to this beta include multi-threaded photon shooting, full area
> light diffuse and specular illumination, support for reading the pixel
> resolution of an image map, and a new cubic pattern and warp.
>
> See http://www.povray.org/beta/ for the full release notes and download.
>
> -- Chris

Oh, happy day :) Thank you guys!

Sam

Post a reply to this message

> > Beta 24 is now available for Windows, with Linux to follow shortly.
> >
> > Goodies new to this beta include multi-threaded photon shooting, full area
> > light diffuse and specular illumination, support for reading the pixel
> > resolution of an image map, and a new cubic pattern and warp.
> >
> > See http://www.povray.org/beta/ for the full release notes and download.
> >
> > -- Chris
>
> Oh, happy day :) Thank you guys!
>
> Sam