POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Artefacts on a plane with radiosity Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:16:40 EDT (-0400)
  Artefacts on a plane with radiosity (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Alain
Subject: Artefacts on a plane with radiosity
Date: 14 Sep 2007 20:36:24
Message: <46eb2908$1@news.povray.org>
In a recent test, I have a flat, white plane lighted with radiosity by a sphere
placed on the side.
The plane shows a square pattern and some shadowed area similar to a bozo pattern.
I post a sample on povrai.binaries.images
The scene follows:

global_settings{radiosity{count 500 error_bound 0.4 low_error_factor 0.2
		}

#default{finish{ambient 0 diffuse 1}}

plane { y, 0  pigment { rgb 1}}

sphere{<6,3,0>,1.5 texture{pigment{rgb 2}finish{ambient 10}}}

camera {
   location <0, 2, -2>
   look_at <-1.2, 0, 0>
}
--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you think it's a failing of the

Post a reply to this message

> In a recent test, I have a flat, white plane lighted with radiosity by a sphere
> placed on the side.
> The plane shows a square pattern and some shadowed area similar to a bozo pattern.
> I post a sample on povrai.binaries.images
> The scene follows:
>
> global_settings{radiosity{count 500 error_bound 0.4 low_error_factor 0.2
>   }
>
> #default{finish{ambient 0 diffuse 1}}
>
> plane { y, 0  pigment { rgb 1}}
>
> sphere{<6,3,0>,1.5 texture{pigment{rgb 2}finish{ambient 10}}}
>
> camera {
>    location <0, 2, -2>
>    look_at <-1.2, 0, 0>
> }
> --
> Alain
> You know you've been raytracing too long when you think it's a failing of the
> universe that the large software companies like Corel or Fractal Design do NOT
> export to POV primitives.
> George Erhard
What POVray do you use? I've got much worse artifacts with your settings
(see your thread at p.b.i.)
I use MegaPOV 1.2.1

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 15 Sep 2007 04:11:05
Message: <46eb9399$1@news.povray.org>
honnza wrote:
> What POVray do you use? I've got much worse artifacts with your settings
> (see your thread at p.b.i.)
> I use MegaPOV 1.2.1

Hello? This is the beta test group, so your question is kind of misplaced ;-)

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

From: honnza
Date: 15 Sep 2007 11:20:00
Message: <web.46ebf795c9008bdba9ce4df50@news.povray.org>
> honnza wrote:
> > What POVray do you use? I've got much worse artifacts with your settings
> > (see your thread at p.b.i.)
> > I use MegaPOV 1.2.1
>
> Hello? This is the beta test group, so your question is kind of misplaced ;-)
>
>  Thorsten

Didn't notice, sorry. I've come here through the digest.

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 15 Sep 2007 11:42:40
Message: <46ebfd70$1@news.povray.org>
honnza nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/09/15 02:34:
> Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
>> In a recent test, I have a flat, white plane lighted with radiosity by a sphere
>> placed on the side.
>> The plane shows a square pattern and some shadowed area similar to a bozo pattern.
>> I post a sample on povrai.binaries.images
>> The scene follows:
>>
>> global_settings{radiosity{count 500 error_bound 0.4 low_error_factor 0.2
>>   }
>>
>> #default{finish{ambient 0 diffuse 1}}
>>
>> plane { y, 0  pigment { rgb 1}}
>>
>> sphere{<6,3,0>,1.5 texture{pigment{rgb 2}finish{ambient 10}}}
>>
>> camera {
>>    location <0, 2, -2>
>>    look_at <-1.2, 0, 0>
>> }
>> --
>> Alain
>> You know you've been raytracing too long when you think it's a failing of the
>> universe that the large software companies like Corel or Fractal Design do NOT
>> export to POV primitives.
>> George Erhard
> What POVray do you use? I've got much worse artifacts with your settings
> (see your thread at p.b.i.)
> I use MegaPOV 1.2.1

It should be prety obvious, this is the .beta-test group.
POV-Ray 3.7beta22.

So, it looks like there is "some" improvement with the beta over that version of
megapov.

--
Alain
Existentialism: What is shit, anyway?