POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray 3.7 Beta 17 and GUI-Extension API Server Time: 19 Aug 2019 14:34:31 GMT
  POV-Ray 3.7 Beta 17 and GUI-Extension API (Message 1 to 4 of 4)  
From: Hugo
Subject: POV-Ray 3.7 Beta 17 and GUI-Extension API
Date: 4 Dec 2006 02:49:10
Message: <45738ca6$1@news.povray.org>
Hello all,

I did some experiments with the latest POV-Ray 3.7 version available for 
MS-Windows platform (Beta 17) and a minimal GUI-Extension project that I 
wrote for testing purposes. I believe that something is broken in the 
GUI-Extension API.

POV-Ray 3.7 loads the GUI-Extension library normally but I can't get any 
information about the rendered pixels from POV-Ray, i.e. the 
GUI-Extension functions DisplayPlot(), DisplayPlotRect(), WinPrePixel(), 
WinPostPixel() and WinAssignPixel() are never called (I *do* initialize 
correctly the PointerBlock structure - everything works fine with 
POV-Ray 3.6)

It is also not possible to stop the render via the GUI-Extension API: 
POV-Ray receives the request and prints 'rendering stopped by GUI 
extension' in the message pane but the render does not stop (this is not 
a new problem, it happens with POV-Ray 3.6 too).

Hugo
--
www.bishop3d.com


Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Cason
Subject: Re: POV-Ray 3.7 Beta 17 and GUI-Extension API
Date: 4 Dec 2006 09:31:02
Message: <4573ead6$1@news.povray.org>
Hugo wrote:
> I did some experiments with the latest POV-Ray 3.7 version available for 
> MS-Windows platform (Beta 17) and a minimal GUI-Extension project that I 
> wrote for testing purposes. I believe that something is broken in the 
> GUI-Extension API.

You are correct; there have been huge changes to POV internally and the API
has not been updated to accommodate those.

-- Chris


Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Cason
Subject: Re: POV-Ray 3.7 Beta 17 and GUI-Extension API
Date: 7 Apr 2007 09:47:24
Message: <461768ac$1@news.povray.org>
Hugo wrote:
> Hello all,
> 
> I did some experiments with the latest POV-Ray 3.7 version available for 
> MS-Windows platform (Beta 17) and a minimal GUI-Extension project that I 
> wrote for testing purposes. I believe that something is broken in the 
> GUI-Extension API.
> 
> POV-Ray 3.7 loads the GUI-Extension library normally but I can't get any 
> information about the rendered pixels from POV-Ray, i.e. the 
> GUI-Extension functions DisplayPlot(), DisplayPlotRect(), WinPrePixel(), 
> WinPostPixel() and WinAssignPixel() are never called (I *do* initialize 
> correctly the PointerBlock structure - everything works fine with 
> POV-Ray 3.6)
> 
> It is also not possible to stop the render via the GUI-Extension API: 
> POV-Ray receives the request and prints 'rendering stopped by GUI 
> extension' in the message pane but the render does not stop (this is not 
> a new problem, it happens with POV-Ray 3.6 too).

Hugo,

Are you willing to work on sorting out GUIEXT issues? If so I will provide
you with access to the beta 3.7 source code.

-- Chris


Post a reply to this message

From: Hugo
Subject: Re: POV-Ray 3.7 Beta 17 and GUI-Extension API
Date: 7 Apr 2007 17:51:08
Message: <4617da0c$1@news.povray.org>
Chris Cason wrote:
> Hugo,
> 
> Are you willing to work on sorting out GUIEXT issues? If so I will provide
> you with access to the beta 3.7 source code.
> 
> -- Chris

Hi Chris,
Yes, definitely.
I have a great deal of respect and admiration for the POV-Team and I'll 
be glad to help in anyway I can. But I can't promise you much as I'll 
need to start from scratch, setting up the appropriated development 
environment and catching up with the changes in the source code.

Please, email me directly so we can work the details.

Best regards,
Hugo.


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.