POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Re: Real-time raytracing test Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:26:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Real-time raytracing test (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Chris Cason
Subject: Re: Real-time raytracing test
Date: 1 Nov 2006 05:59:07
Message: <45487dfb@news.povray.org>
Francois LE COAT wrote:
> > It's such a pity I can't test this nice feature on my dua### [at] 125GHz
> > using the Altivec Multimedia Instruction Set, either under MacOSX or
> > Yellow Dog Linux, taking advantage of my iSight FireWire camera :(
> >
> > I'm sure that Persistence Of Vision is not intended to Win users !
> > Furthermore for little-endian (x86 - x86_64) architectures.
> >
> > Do you really mind the huge amount of work that will need to be done ?

I'm not sure of your point: we do of course have PPC support and a Mac
version will eventually be forthcoming. It's just not available right now
since Thorsten (who maintains the OS-X port) is too busy with the core code
and other things to release Mac binaries.

-- Chris

[followups set to povray.beta-test]