POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : this beta is great, but Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  this beta is great, but (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: hpcoutinho
Subject: this beta is great, but
Date: 16 Jun 2006 04:44:18
Message: <44926f62$1@news.povray.org>
Hello, I ran several scenes and could not find anything disturbing, but i
need a feature; after rendering a bigger scene the temp of my machine runs
skyhigh, disturbing high, i need to reboot after every task like a big
scene; now instead of a sound, i would like it better, if i could set pv to
shutdown the machine when rendeering= done. Save me a lot on hardware
upgrades, etcetera as coolers, watercolling yadayadayadah. Now, when the
machine shuts down, it cools quite fast and after my  break ican reboot,
glare at my result with irfanview & decide where to go on with my results,
what is needed, do ilike it. Balcony+ Greadine where amazing, this looks
like this is it. The wait is now for the candidates to  come up on the
Catwalk?
reg.,
hans

Post a reply to this message

Could you not put something like this in your ini?

Post_Scene_Command=rundll32.exe C:\windows\system32\user32.dll,exitwindows

Thanks,
Jonathan
red### [at] redmasqcom

"hpcoutinho" <hpc### [at] tiscalinl> wrote in message
> Hello, I ran several scenes and could not find anything disturbing, but i
> need a feature; after rendering a bigger scene the temp of my machine runs
> skyhigh, disturbing high, i need to reboot after every task like a big
> scene; now instead of a sound, i would like it better, if i could set pv
> to shutdown the machine when rendeering= done. Save me a lot on hardware
> upgrades, etcetera as coolers, watercolling yadayadayadah. Now, when the
> machine shuts down, it cools quite fast and after my  break ican reboot,
> glare at my result with irfanview & decide where to go on with my results,
> what is needed, do ilike it. Balcony+ Greadine where amazing, this looks
> like this is it. The wait is now for the candidates to  come up on the
> Catwalk?
> reg.,
> hans

Post a reply to this message

> after rendering a bigger scene the temp of my machine runs skyhigh,
> disturbing high,

Consider setting the Render/Duty Cycle to something lower than 100%

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

hpcoutinho nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 16/06/2006 04:44:
> Hello, I ran several scenes and could not find anything disturbing, but i
> need a feature; after rendering a bigger scene the temp of my machine runs
> skyhigh, disturbing high, i need to reboot after every task like a big
> scene; now instead of a sound, i would like it better, if i could set pv to
> shutdown the machine when rendeering= done. Save me a lot on hardware
> upgrades, etcetera as coolers, watercolling yadayadayadah. Now, when the
> machine shuts down, it cools quite fast and after my  break ican reboot,
> glare at my result with irfanview & decide where to go on with my results,
> what is needed, do ilike it. Balcony+ Greadine where amazing, this looks
> like this is it. The wait is now for the candidates to  come up on the
> Catwalk?
> reg.,
> hans

You can concider dusting off the inside of your computer. Look to make sure that there
is proper air
flow inside and around the case. If your drives are connected by ribon cable, try to
make them take
more airflow frendly paths. Make sure that your fans are clean and working correctly.

--
Alain
If you choke a Smurf, what colour does he go!

Post a reply to this message

From: Eli
Date: 5 Sep 2006 17:03:11
Message: <44fde60f$1@news.povray.org>
a good box keeps on churning withouth burning