POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta Version 3.7.0.beta.12a.icl8.win32: Fatal error in parser: Uncategorized error. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Beta Version 3.7.0.beta.12a.icl8.win32: Fatal error in parser: Uncategorized error. (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: Beta Version 3.7.0.beta.12a.icl8.win32: Fatal error in parser: Uncategorized error.
Date: 28 Apr 2006 18:00:12
Message: <4452906c@news.povray.org>
Greetings. This error report serves as notification to all participating
developers.

Attempting to render a scene file caused the following error output
(unimportant parts were removed). It seems the I/O restrictions are causing
that, and suggest that the error message should mention this.

Sincerely,

Sven Littkowski

Preset INI file is 'D:\PROGRAMME\POV-RAY FOR WINDOWS\RENDERER\QUICKRES.INI',
section is '[512x384, No AA]'.
Preset source file is 'D:\Programme\POV-Ray for Windows\Scenes\Space
Carrier.pov'.
Rendering with 4 threads.
Parser Options
  Input file: D:\Programme\POV-Ray for Windows\Scenes\Space Carrier.pov
  Remove bounds........On
  Split unions.........Off
  Library paths:
    D:\Programme\POV-Ray for Windows\INCLUDE
    C:\WINDOWS\Fonts
    D:\PROGRAMME\POV-RAY FOR WINDOWS\include
    C:\WINDOWS\Fonts
Possible Parse Error: IO Restrictions prohibit read access to
'E:\Scripts\Eigene Bilder\Povray Textures\StarshipHulkDunkel.png'
File 'D:\Programme\POV-Ray for Windows\INCLUDE\SL SF Carrier 01.inc' line 4:
Possible Parse Error: IO Restrictions prohibit read access to
'E:\Scripts\Eigene Bilder\Povray Textures\StarshipHulkDunkel.png'
Fatal error in parser: Uncategorized error.
Render failed
-
CPU time used: kernel 0.55 seconds, user 0.02 seconds, total 0.56 seconds.
Elapsed time 1.45 seconds.

> Greetings. This error report serves as notification to all participating
> developers.

> Possible Parse Error: IO Restrictions prohibit read access to

Maybe next time you should read all error messages you get, not just the
last one...

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

> Attempting to render a scene file caused the following error output
> (unimportant parts were removed). It seems the I/O restrictions are causing
> that, and suggest that the error message should mention this.

We've fixed the 'uncategorized error' message to more properly reflect the
cause of the problem.

Thanks for the report.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

You are welcome. Is the first time I was able  to participae (a tiny little
bit).

When will the book be out "POV Ray - Memoires of a Successful Renderer",
Chris?   ;-)

Greetings,

Sven

"Chris Cason" <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:4455a1f9@news.povray.org...