POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : light doesn't pass transparent parts of image_map Server Time
19 Apr 2024 11:17:36 EDT (-0400)
  light doesn't pass transparent parts of image_map (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Bob Hughes
Subject: light doesn't pass transparent parts of image_map
Date: 21 Dec 2005 11:01:57
Message: <43a97c75$1@news.povray.org>
3.7.0.beta.11b.icl8.win32

Only did a little checking about this but looks like only image_map is
affected, not other transparent things using transmit or filter in colors,
and I didn't find any mention of it after a quick search. The script below
uses the sample test image included with POV that says POV-Ray on it (in
white) along with letter pairs in black for each quarter section: TL, TR,
BL, BR (I'll post similar resulting rendered images from 3.6 and 3.7 at
beta-test.binaries to show which image file I'm talking about, but others do
same anyway).

Also, although this uses clipped_by here, I first noticed this in a CSG
difference used to hollow the sphere so the shell would have thickness but
it seems to only be about the image_map+transparency+light_source somehow.

camera { location -3*z }

light_source { <10,10,-10>, color rgb <1,1,1> }

sphere { 0,1
 clipped_by {
  box { 0,1 inverse }
 }