POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : camera focal blur helping media appear Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:28:31 EDT (-0400)
  camera focal blur helping media appear (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Bob Hughes
Subject: camera focal blur helping media appear
Date: 8 Dec 2005 20:25:49
Message: <4398dd1d$1@news.povray.org>
Realizing media and transparency is still in limbo for the moment I went
ahead and rendered the abyss.pov sample scene file anyhow.

Not surprising to see nothing showing of the 'media' water but it looked
interesting with only the submarine and mines suspended in total blackness,
so I rerendered after adding focal blur to try getting a better effect. That
*was* a surprise... seeing the blue water appear.

Wondering if this was already known, or if it might be something related to
the whole media+transparency thing yet involving the camera itself somehow.
Just FYI.

Bob

Post a reply to this message