POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Performance wrt number of threads Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:16:40 EDT (-0400)
  Performance wrt number of threads (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Chris Cason
Subject: Re: Performance wrt number of threads
Date: 4 May 2005 22:44:39
Message: <42798897$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   However, perhaps there could be some more visible message somewhere
> saying something like "waiting for threads to finish".

It's supposed to say 'stopping' in the status panel at the top right. However
you'll also see the stop button grayed out if it's like that, and given we've
been hearing that's not happening it's probably the message isn't getting
acted on. see how the next beta behaves.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

Chris Cason <nos### [at] deletethispovrayorg> wrote:
> Warp wrote:
> >   However, perhaps there could be some more visible message somewhere
> > saying something like "waiting for threads to finish".

> It's supposed to say 'stopping' in the status panel at the top right. However
> you'll also see the stop button grayed out if it's like that, and given we've
> been hearing that's not happening it's probably the message isn't getting
> acted on. see how the next beta behaves.

  Yes, I noticed that it says "stopping", but I thought that it's not
informative enough... Well, I suppose it doesn't matter all that much.

--
                                                          - Warp