POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 3.6 doesn't install in Windows Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  3.6 doesn't install in Windows (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: ChinnoDog
Subject: 3.6 doesn't install in Windows
Date: 10 Jun 2004 00:35:01
Message: <web.40c7e44838076a20c56340c50@news.povray.org>
3.6 is released!  Wohoo!  But it doesn't install on either of my Windows
machines!  Doh!  Both are XP, one is an Athlon 1800 with 1gb of memory, the
other is a P4 2.4 with 2gb of memory.  A command prompt flashes by when I
double click the installer and nothing happens.  Installer has generic
windows application icon.  Winzip won't extract it.  extract.exe won't
extract it.  I'm at a loss.  What did I just download 9.3mb of?

Post a reply to this message

> 3.6 is released!  Wohoo!  But it doesn't install on either of my Windows
> machines!  Doh!  Both are XP, one is an Athlon 1800 with 1gb of memory, the
> other is a P4 2.4 with 2gb of memory.  A command prompt flashes by when I
> double click the installer and nothing happens.  Installer has generic
> windows application icon.  Winzip won't extract it.  extract.exe won't
> extract it.  I'm at a loss.  What did I just download 9.3mb of?

Yes, there is a yet unknown problem with the file on the server.  Please be
patient, it will be resolved as soon as possible.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.

> Yes, there is a yet unknown problem with the file on the server.  Please be
> patient, it will be resolved as soon as possible.

The file has been fixed now.  There were a few kilobytes missing at the
end...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.

"Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:
> In article <40c8080a$1@news.povray.org> , "Thorsten Froehlich"
> <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:
>
> > Yes, there is a yet unknown problem with the file on the server.  Please be
> > patient, it will be resolved as soon as possible.
>
> The file has been fixed now.  There were a few kilobytes missing at the
> end...
>
>     Thorsten

> Thorsten Froehlich
> e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg