POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Why does Pov-RAY 3.5/3.6 slow down gradually? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Why does Pov-RAY 3.5/3.6 slow down gradually? (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Chris Cason
Subject: Re: Why does Pov-RAY 3.5/3.6 slow down gradually?
Date: 16 Mar 2004 10:38:52
Message: <40571f8c@news.povray.org>
"Severi Salminen" <sev### [at] NOT_THISsibafi> wrote in message
> Indeed, thanks for noticing it! I _did_ recall correctly afterall: with
> beta1 the -ga does nothing and the slowdown thus occurs. Probably the
> streams will be fixed in final release. I wonder if the slowdown
> bug/feature could be addressed at the same time. One way could be to

The -ga issue is addressed in beta 2 (available as of yesterday).

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

From: Severi Salminen
Date: 16 Mar 2004 13:15:25
Message: <4057443d$1@news.povray.org>
Chris Cason wrote:

>>Indeed, thanks for noticing it! I _did_ recall correctly afterall: with
>>beta1 the -ga does nothing and the slowdown thus occurs. Probably the
>>streams will be fixed in final release. I wonder if the slowdown
>>bug/feature could be addressed at the same time. One way could be to
>

> The -ga issue is addressed in beta 2 (available as of yesterday).

Thanks for informing and yes, the "-ga" basically works now but the
slowdown is still present. And actually things are now worse as "-ga"
now displays the current frame number - in 3.5 it displayed nothing.
Even that seems to be enough to slow the animation rendering constantly.
There should be at least a possibility to turn the whole text output
completely off if nothing else can be done to slowdown.

Severi S.

Post a reply to this message