POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : cutaway_textures - only affects default texture? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  cutaway_textures - only affects default texture? (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Julia
Subject: cutaway_textures - only affects default texture?
Date: 7 Jun 2002 06:04:56
Message: <3d008548$1@news.povray.org>
RC5, Win XP, AMD Athlon 800Mhz 768Mb

When using difference and cutaway_textures to section through an object I
did not get the behaviour I expected (wanted).  My observation is that
object_1 sets the default texture to be as object_1 when cutaway is used but
subsequent applications of a texture to a compound object containing it
override object_1's texture.  It this a bug or the intended behaviour.

In the following example I would have expected the sphere and wedge to be
red with a blue cylinder.  When rendered I get a red sphere with a blue
wedge and cylinder.

union{
        difference {
          sphere { 0, 1  texture { pigment { color Red  } } } // object_1
          box    { 0, 1   }
          cutaway_textures
        }

        cylinder{0,y,.5}