POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Any way to turn off mosaic? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Any way to turn off mosaic? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Jeff
Subject: Any way to turn off mosaic?
Date: 18 May 2002 15:00:19
Message: <3ce6a4c3$1@news.povray.org>
This isn't a big thing, but on the balcony sample file
[scenes\advanced\balcony], I can't turn off the mosaic render feature.  It's
great, but it takes much longer to render when I don't want it.  The scene
apparently uses radiosity or something; is this behavior intended?  I can't
set the mosaic start to 1 pixel, but 2 pixels works.  I also can't seem to
turn mosaic off.

(This was a couple of weeks ago--I was going to check again today, but
there's still no sign of a new release candidate...)

My specs:  WinME, AMD K6 233, 128 MB ram

-- Jeff, POVRAY novice in Northern CA

Post a reply to this message

> This isn't a big thing, but on the balcony sample file
> [scenes\advanced\balcony], I can't turn off the mosaic render feature.  It's
> great, but it takes much longer to render when I don't want it.  The scene
> apparently uses radiosity or something; is this behavior intended?  I can't
> set the mosaic start to 1 pixel, but 2 pixels works.  I also can't seem to
> turn mosaic off.

You are not seeing mosaic preview, you are seeing the radiosity algorithm at
work.  Read the user manual sections about radiosity.

There is absolutely nothing wrong here!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg