POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : CodesMax-Behaviour with other files than .pov, .inc, .ini Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  CodesMax-Behaviour with other files than .pov, .inc, .ini (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: KalleK
Subject: CodesMax-Behaviour with other files than .pov, .inc, .ini
Date: 13 May 2002 12:02:34
Message: <3cdfe39a$1@news.povray.org>
Hi!

This is a little thing:
Some betas before this worked:

-Make a new File (New-Button)
-Write a C-Program (for example. Just something that's not .pov, .ini, .inc)
-And now, try to save the file as foobar.c

There seems no way to surpress the renaming to foobar.c.pov (even if I select
"all Files" before typing the name.)

Well, I like to use the "povray-Editor" (this codexmax-thingie) to edit other
files than .pov, too. So I can change quick to a pov-file and render between
programing :-) .

This didn't work with 3.1 as well, but some beta-version did that wanted
behaviour, they let me save my file directly to the name, i want. Now, I have
to rename it by hand and reopen it in the editor...

I was using RC3 the last time, so maybe this is outdated. (sorry)
And if it was a bug, that caused the "nice" behaviour than I'm shutting up...

Thank you!

cukk

Post a reply to this message

>-Write a C-Program (for example. Just something that's not .pov, .ini,
.inc)
>-And now, try to save the file as foobar.c
>
>There seems no way to surpress the renaming to foobar.c.pov (even if I
select
>"all Files" before typing the name.)

As far as I can tell, this is a Windows problem.  Take it up with Microsoft.

--
Mark

The Universe is expanding.
The budget for its exploration is shrinking.

Post a reply to this message