POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : PPS display Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:16:31 EDT (-0400)
  PPS display (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Slime
Subject: PPS display
Date: 5 Apr 2002 15:46:34
Message: <3cae0d2a@news.povray.org>
Maybe it's just a 'feature', but it seems wrong to me that the PPS display
on the status bar takes into account parsing time. In the case of renders
with a high parsing time, tThis makes it say something like a low number of
PPM for a bit, and then slowly increase to the correct number of PPS as the
render continues.

I'm not sure if it's related, but in slow-rendering images I also get
"Rendering line 2 of ... [last line 0 PPS]" displayed after the first line
has rendered, and I'm sure the previous line was going faster than that.

- Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]
[ http://www.slimeland.com/images/ ]

Post a reply to this message

> I'm not sure if it's related, but in slow-rendering images I also get
> "Rendering line 2 of ... [last line 0 PPS]" displayed after the first line
> has rendered, and I'm sure the previous line was going faster than that.

I came to the conclusion that [last line n PPS] refers erroneously to the penultimate
line rendered, not to the last one...

--
Jonathan.

Home: http://digilander.iol.it/jrgpov