POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Photons Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:15:56 EDT (-0400)
  Photons (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Scott Lambert
Subject: Photons
Date: 20 Mar 2002 19:18:53
Message: <3c9926ed$1@news.povray.org>
3.5 Beta 13, Intel Compiled, Windows 2000.
I know I'm gonna get flamed as a "feature requestor" for this one...

When you use photons successfully, you get a line in Messages about "Photons
shot...".
Yeah, great...

But sometimes I need a message that says something like:
"Photons shot: ZERO because there aren't any TARGETS You Big Dummy."

Instead photons just quietly Don't Happen, leaving Big Dummy confused.

I see that when I use Radiosity I get a "Warning:" about it being an
"experimental feature".
I think this would be a great place to have a warning about global photons
being
defined but finding no targets....