POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [doc] QuickRef Updates Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:22:13 EDT (-0400)
  [doc] QuickRef Updates (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Robert Chaffe
Subject: [doc] QuickRef Updates
Date: 8 Mar 2002 02:01:14
Message: <3c8861ba@news.povray.org>
Here are some modifications for the Quick Reference.

First, in section 10.1.9.2 Material, I had incorrect syntax.  I mistakenly
assumed that there could only be one texture and one interior, but testing
has shown otherwise.  So the material syntax should be as found in the
original doc:

MATERIAL:
    material { [MATERIAL_IDENTIFIER]  [MATERIAL_ITEM...] }
MATERIAL_ITEM:
    TEXTURE  |  INTERIOR_TEXTURE  |  INTERIOR  |  TRANSFORMATION

In section 10.1.10.5 Normal, may I suggest the following simplification?
Since NORMAL_PATTERN is not referenced anywhere else, it can be removed and
NORMAL_TYPE would be thus:

NORMAL_TYPE:
    NORMAL_LIST_PATTERN  |
    MAP_PATTERN  [F_DEPTH]  [SLOPE_MAP]  |
    MAP_PATTERN  NORMAL_MAP  [SLOPE_MAP]  |
    BUMP_MAP

Robert Chaffe
www.donovansweb.com/~chaffe

Post a reply to this message

> Here are some modifications for the Quick Reference.

Thank you Robert, I'll make the changes.

Ingo