POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : crash during function creation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:22:02 EDT (-0400)
  crash during function creation (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
Subject: crash during function creation
Date: 17 May 2002 02:33:36
Message: <9m89euo7sj6mvsns96cg47daa9e11m630o@4ax.com>
POV 3.5 RC4 icl on WinNT Sp 6 PII 233 with 128 MB

following code causes crash

// START
#local F=function{min(
      #local N=2;
      #local C=0;
      #while (C<N)
        #local G=function{x+y+z};
        G(x,y,z)
        #undef G
        #local C=C+1;
        #if(C<N)
          ,
        #end
      #end
    )};
// END

but when I add #include "functions.inc" at begining then crash disappear but
it won't parse becouse "Unknow user defined function" error. It only helps
when I move #undef G and put it before #local G

ABX

Post a reply to this message

> POV 3.5 RC4 icl on WinNT Sp 6 PII 233 with 128 MB
>
> following code causes crash

You are declaring a function inside a function.  That won't work.  It will
be disallowed in the next beta.

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message