POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Crash when reading file Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:24:33 EDT (-0400)
  Crash when reading file (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Crash when reading file
Date: 7 May 2002 12:53:08
Message: <3CD80674.125A622D@gmx.de>
WinPOV RC3, K6, WinNT4

I got a crash when trying to read vectors from a file using '#read'.  The
following probably sounds quite weird, but i tried to reduce the file as
much as possible after experiencing the problem.

To reproduce, write the following to a file named 'bug.dat':

<0,0,0.5> ,<-1.#IND,-1.#IND,1.#IND>

Of course these are invalid values, but POV-Ray should not crash because
of them.

Then render the following scene 2 times:

#include "math.inc"

#fopen File "bug.dat" read
#read (File,V1,V2)
#fclose File

After the first render i get an error as expected, but the second render
crashes povray at the beginning of parsing.

The #include seems required to generate the crash.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 05 May. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

> I got a crash when trying to read vectors from a file using '#read'.  The
> following probably sounds quite weird, but i tried to reduce the file as
> much as possible after experiencing the problem.
>
> To reproduce, write the following to a file named 'bug.dat':
>
> <0,0,0.5> ,<-1.#IND,-1.#IND,1.#IND>
>
> Of course these are invalid values, but POV-Ray should not crash because
> of them.
>
> Then render the following scene 2 times:
>
> #include "math.inc"
>
> #fopen File "bug.dat" read
> #read (File,V1,V2)
> #fclose File
>
> After the first render i get an error as expected, but the second render
> crashes povray at the beginning of parsing.
>
> The #include seems required to generate the crash.

Yes, without #include it shows an error in bug.dat(as expected),
but with #include it crashs.

3.5.beta.RC3.icl.win.32 on PIII-1000 512Mb Win2000

Gleb