POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : error with orthographical camera in sign.pov beta.12 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:16:30 EDT (-0400)
  error with orthographical camera in sign.pov beta.12 (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Arne Kleinophorst
Subject: error with orthographical camera in sign.pov beta.12
Date: 6 Mar 2002 13:11:52
Message: <3C865C6F.1FE3BFFF@debitel.net>
Got a problem with the sign.pov in the cliche folder
it's not working until i set the version to 3.1

it's not supposed to be like that, is it?

greets

Arne Kleinophorst

Post a reply to this message

From: bob h
Date: 7 Mar 2002 05:27:22
Message: <3c87408a@news.povray.org>
"Arne Kleinophorst" <kle### [at] debitelnet> wrote in message
> Got a problem with the sign.pov in the cliche folder
> it's not working until i set the version to 3.1
>
> it's not supposed to be like that, is it?

No, it isn't.  But there's been discussion involving this method of camera
making.  I can get essentially the same thing by using:

camera {
   orthographic
   location -19*z
   up y
   right x
   look_at 0
   angle 6.67
}

The change comes from the fact that the most recent beta(s) require the
projection type to be first keyword in the statement, whereas before if
orthographic were used after look_at it used a kind of angle (or direction
length) based field of view.  So, unless a new additional orthographic type
is coded into the POV-Ray source, my example above shows what is needed for
such cameras currently.

bob h