POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [nitpick] New behavior for the Run/Stop button and shortcut ? : [nitpick] New behavior for the Run/Stop button and shortcut ? Server Time: 19 Sep 2017 22:18:34 GMT
  [nitpick] New behavior for the Run/Stop button and shortcut ?
From: JYR
Date: 14 Jun 2005 19:35:01
Hi!
(running the Windows version under Windows XP home edition, Athlon XP 2800+,
1GB RAM)
Under beta5a and beta6, clicking the "Stop" button/hitting Alt+G twice in a
row while rendering brings up the message "Warning: had to force state to
stopped". This message didn't seem to exist in 3.6.1a. I'd like to know its
meaning... does POV resort to a more drastic way of stopping when i ask it
to stop for the second time?
When developping a scene, i constantly start a test render, see what's
wrong, hit Esc, edit the SDL with POV still rendering, and then click
"Stop"/hit Alt+G twice to stop/relaunch at once. I still need to adjust to
the new behavior ;¸)

JYR