POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : installer POV-Ray 3.7 beta 38 issues : Re: installer POV-Ray 3.7 beta 38 issues Server Time: 24 Oct 2020 03:42:42 GMT
  Re: installer POV-Ray 3.7 beta 38 issues
From: Darren New
Date: 1 Aug 2010 03:42:43
Chris Cason wrote:
> I'd agree this probably isn't desired behavior, there is probably a way
> stop Windows doing this

Quoting from earlier in the thread:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID
=27028822-b172-4cec-91a3-26b610a4da79

"In “per-machine” installations, user data must be writte
n at first run and
not during the installation."

Does this mean that creating the My Documents files during first run woul
be a better way of working it? You could always create the defaults in th
Program Files (or whatever) directory and copy them if they don't exist.

Would that keep them from being deleted on uninstall?

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    C# - a language whose greatest drawback