POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Strange Crash : Strange Crash Server Time: 30 Mar 2017 08:44:28 GMT
  Strange Crash
From: Chambers
Date: 22 Feb 2006 00:25:59
The following scene:

----------------------------
#declare petal = sphere_sweep {
	linear_spline
	2,
	0, 0.001,
	z/3, 1/16
	pigment {color rgb 1}
}

object {petal}

camera {
	location 5*(y-z)
	look_at 0
}

----------------------------
crashes.  Well, on the third render, anyway :)

Here's what I do:
I start POV-Ray (pvengine-sse2.exe), and it loads the scene automatically.
I render the scene.
When it finishes, I rerender it.
I rerender it again time,
When I try to run a fourth render, POV-Ray crashes.

The crash occurs more often (that is, on the first render) if I create a
union of several petal objects.
Removing the declaration, that is, the following code
----------------------------
sphere_sweep {
	linear_spline
	2,
	0, 0.001,
	z/3, 1/16
	pigment {color rgb 1}
}
does not produce this crash.

This one is really driving me crazy - any ideas?

...Chambers