POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Pellet Power 2020 Server Time
11 Apr 2021 08:16:47 EDT (-0400)
  Pellet Power 2020 (Message 1 to 4 of 4)  
From: Uncle Josh
Subject: Pellet Power 2020
Date: 4 Sep 2020 23:50:00
Message: <web.5f530a8ca411f2e8313019390@news.povray.org>
Long time non-raytracer coming back after, oh, I dunno, 15 years?

I decided to pick up POV-Ray again and updated my 2001 IRTC entry called Pellet
Power.

I cleaned up the code, adjusted timings, and the whole thing rendered in 5 hours
13 minutes.

I've uploaded it to YouTube.

https://youtu.be/AUlLQhpU9D4

Along the way I had to update and improve my animator.inc file and the utility
to seamlessly connect bicubic patches.

I may be back to ray-tracing more often.


Post a reply to this message

From: jr
Subject: Re: Pellet Power 2020
Date: 5 Sep 2020 08:15:00
Message: <web.5f5380fb662056e64d00143e0@news.povray.org>
hi,

"Uncle Josh" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> ...
> I cleaned up the code, adjusted timings, and the whole thing rendered in 5 hours
> 13 minutes.

nice.  a couple of kW/h well spent.  :-)


regards, jr.


Post a reply to this message

From: Mr
Subject: Re: Pellet Power 2020
Date: 12 Sep 2020 02:55:00
Message: <web.5f5c7050662056e66adeaecb0@news.povray.org>
"Uncle Josh" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Long time non-raytracer coming back after, oh, I dunno, 15 years?
>
> I decided to pick up POV-Ray again and updated my 2001 IRTC entry called Pellet
> Power.
>
> I cleaned up the code, adjusted timings, and the whole thing rendered in 5 hours
> 13 minutes.
>
> I've uploaded it to YouTube.
>
> https://youtu.be/AUlLQhpU9D4
>
> Along the way I had to update and improve my animator.inc file and the utility
> to seamlessly connect bicubic patches.
>
> I may be back to ray-tracing more often.

Nice! The time allowed for reading the sign is slightly short maybe?


Post a reply to this message

From: Uncle Josh
Subject: Re: Pellet Power 2020
Date: 3 Oct 2020 13:25:00
Message: <web.5f78b3a9662056e6eed28a950@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <mauriceraybaud [at] hotmail dot fr>> wrote:

>
> Nice! The time allowed for reading the sign is slightly short maybe?

Hmmm... You could be right. My wife suggested more time to watch the draping
motion work. It should be easy to fix.


Uncle Josh
Pontificating on the web since 1995


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2021 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.