POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Convert POVray animation output to actual video Server Time
18 Apr 2024 13:01:53 EDT (-0400)
  Convert POVray animation output to actual video (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Constantin
Subject: Convert POVray animation output to actual video
Date: 19 May 2020 08:15:00
Message: <web.5ec3cd3431df8788ecfb76150@news.povray.org>
My understanding is that POV outputs individual frame images but no video files.
How to convert those to video? Is there a simple piece of software that accepts
frame images, fps and an audio track as input and produces video files as
output?

Post a reply to this message

"Constantin" <con### [at] mcgillca> wrote:
> My understanding is that POV outputs individual frame images but no video files.
> How to convert those to video? Is there a simple piece of software that accepts
> frame images, fps and an audio track as input and produces video files as
> output?

ffmpeg?
<https://ffmpeg.org/>

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

"Constantin" <con### [at] mcgillca> wrote:
> My understanding is that POV outputs individual frame images but no video files.
> How to convert those to video? Is there a simple piece of software that accepts
> frame images, fps and an audio track as input and produces video files as
> output?

Many people use ffmpeg

When I ran windows, I used some other pieces of software.
VideoMach is super easy.

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.animations/thread/%3Cweb.5d019356fb906fe54eec112d0%40news.povray.org%3E/

for sound, I used Audacity

It's been a while since I've done one, so I can't really recall the details on
adding in the sound - but if _I_ could do it...    ;)

Post a reply to this message

"Constantin" <con### [at] mcgillca> wrote:
> My understanding is that POV outputs individual frame images but no video files.
> How to convert those to video? Is there a simple piece of software that accepts
> frame images, fps and an audio track as input and produces video files as
> output?

I second ffmpeg!

For a list of frames of the form image0001.png, for example:

ffmpeg -i image%04d.png -c:v libx264 -preset medium -crf 20 output.mp4

should produce a decent H.264 video. There are a huge range of options,
including fps and adding audio, but I'm not an expert. Best to see the
documentation at https://ffmpeg.org/documentation.html, or google for guides
that suit your needs!

Bill

Post a reply to this message

Is there a simple piece of software that accepts frame images, fps and an audio
track as input and produces video files as
> > output?
>
> ffmpeg?
> <https://ffmpeg.org/>
>

> regards, jr.