POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Calling an Image Map with an array identifier that stores the image file na= Server Time
28 Mar 2024 19:21:13 EDT (-0400)
  Calling an Image Map with an array identifier that stores the image file na= (Message 1 to 10 of 24)
From: Phil
Subject: Calling an Image Map with an array identifier that stores the image file na=
Date: 2 Dec 2018 01:30:00
Message: <web.5c037ac5c84714c0730e3a270@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm having a go at embedding video in my animations by splitting video files up
into .png's and then calling them using image_map command with an array
identifier that stores the file names for the images.

Here is some of the code:

box { <0.00, 0.00, 0.00>,< 1.00, 1.00, 1.000>
       texture {
                pigment{
                        #declare thisfilename = magik_cube[X][Y][Z][F]
                        paint_tile(thisfilename)
                        }
               } // end of texture
       scale <0.9 0.9,0.001> rotate<0,0,0> translate <-0.45,-0.45,-0.501> rotate
x*0
      } // end of box --------------------------------------
   #end

.... but I keep getting the following error:

File 'initialise_cube.mac' line 163: Parse Error: Cannot assign uninitialized
 identifier.
Fatal error in parser: Cannot parse input.
Render failed

Can anyone give me a lead ??

This is my first post to the forum.

Thanking you in advance.

Phil.

Post a reply to this message

> I'm having a go at embedding video in my animations by splitting video files up
> into .png's and then calling them using image_map command with an array
> identifier that stores the file names for the images.
>
> Here is some of the code:
>
> box { <0.00, 0.00, 0.00>,< 1.00, 1.00, 1.000>
>         texture {
>                  pigment{
>                          #declare thisfilename = magik_cube[X][Y][Z][F]
>                          paint_tile(thisfilename)
>                          }
>                 } // end of texture
>         scale <0.9 0.9,0.001> rotate<0,0,0> translate <-0.45,-0.45,-0.501> rotate
> x*0
>        } // end of box --------------------------------------
>     #end
>
> .... but I keep getting the following error:
>
> File 'initialise_cube.mac' line 163: Parse Error: Cannot assign uninitialized
>   identifier.
> Fatal error in parser: Cannot parse input.
> Render failed
>
> Can anyone give me a lead ??
>
> This is my first post to the forum.
>
> Thanking you in advance.
>
> Phil.

Hi Phil and welcome

Is the bit of code close to line 163?
Did you declare paint_tile and the array magik_cube before the box code?
When Pov fails and highlights a line of code. It is not necessarily that
line which is the problem.

--

Regards
     Stephen