POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Shed version 2 Server Time
5 May 2024 00:07:56 EDT (-0400)
  Shed version 2 (Message 4 to 13 of 33)
<<< Previous 3 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: omniverse
Subject: Re: Shed version 2
Date: 12 Feb 2017 16:50:01
Message: <web.58a0d86de97123ee9c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 2/12/2017 7:39 PM, omniverse wrote:
> > Looks good! Sure helps add fluidity having movement... hey, a thought...
>
> And a slight movement in the sky would help with a sense of "time going by".

Yeah, good idea, makes me think time lapse photography to get a real sense of
actual build time. Although sunrise to sunset would indicate a slow build for
what's there right now, so maybe either sunrise to noon or noon to sunset until
more complete.
Or am I overthinking this?  ;)

Post a reply to this message

>>> Looks good! Sure helps add fluidity having movement... hey, a thought...
>>
>> And a slight movement in the sky would help with a sense of "time going by".
>
> Yeah, good idea, makes me think time lapse photography to get a real sense of
> actual build time. Although sunrise to sunset would indicate a slow build for
> what's there right now, so maybe either sunrise to noon or noon to sunset until
> more complete.
> Or am I overthinking this?  ;)

No, dawn to dusk would be my preference.
A good days work. :-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 13 Feb 2017 02:55:59
Message: <58a1668f$1@news.povray.org>
On 13-2-2017 0:47, Stephen wrote:
> On 2/12/2017 9:49 PM, omniverse wrote:
>> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>>>
>>> And a slight movement in the sky would help with a sense of "time
>>> going by".
>>
>> Yeah, good idea, makes me think time lapse photography to get a real
>> sense of
>> actual build time. Although sunrise to sunset would indicate a slow
>> build for
>> what's there right now, so maybe either sunrise to noon or noon to
>> sunset until
>> more complete.
>> Or am I overthinking this?  ;)
>>

> No, dawn to dusk would be my preference.
> A good days work. :-)

With a pause at noon surely? The man needs to eat! ;-)

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 13 Feb 2017 03:37:33
Message: <58a1704d$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/13/2017 7:55 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 13-2-2017 0:47, Stephen wrote:

>>> Yeah, good idea, makes me think time lapse photography to get a real
>>> sense of
>>> actual build time. Although sunrise to sunset would indicate a slow
>>> build for
>>> what's there right now, so maybe either sunrise to noon or noon to
>>> sunset until
>>> more complete.
>>> Or am I overthinking this?  ;)
>>>

>> No, dawn to dusk would be my preference.
>> A good days work. :-)
>>

> With a pause at noon surely? The man needs to eat! ;-)

Only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun. Sorry. :-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 13 Feb 2017 07:35:36
Message: <58a1a818$1@news.povray.org>
On 13-2-2017 9:37, Stephen wrote:

>>> No, dawn to dusk would be my preference.
>>> A good days work. :-)
>>>

>> With a pause at noon surely? The man needs to eat! ;-)
>>

> Only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun. Sorry. :-)

Nah! in the UK it is always drizzling... :-)

[or was, before climate change...]

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 13 Feb 2017 08:18:13
Message: <58a1b215$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/13/2017 12:35 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Nah! in the UK it is always drizzling... :-)

You should know. The Netherlands often gets our leftover weather. ;-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: dick balaska
Date: 13 Feb 2017 09:19:31
Message: <58a1c073$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2017-02-13 08:18, also sprach Stephen:
> On 2/13/2017 12:35 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> Nah! in the UK it is always drizzling... :-)
>

> You should know. The Netherlands often gets our leftover weather. ;-)

Netherlands second!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELD2AwFN9Nc

--
dik

Post a reply to this message

From: Klewlis
Date: 13 Feb 2017 11:40:00
Message: <web.58a1e0fbe97123ee5f9209890@news.povray.org>
"omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:
> Looks good! Sure helps add fluidity having movement... hey, a thought... which
> you seemed to be hinting at already. Camera view moving around from wall to wall
> would give it less slideshow feel too.
>

> Bob

I really like the camera movement.

https://youtu.be/a6MPNCVGZm8

Ken

Post a reply to this message

From: Klewlis
Date: 13 Feb 2017 11:45:01
Message: <web.58a1e1a6e97123ee5f9209890@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 2/12/2017 7:39 PM, omniverse wrote:
> > Looks good! Sure helps add fluidity having movement... hey, a thought...
>
> And a slight movement in the sky would help with a sense of "time going by".
>
> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

I have been considering the sky movement from the very start, but I am not going
to work on that until the shed is complete.  Complete build slab to siding to
roof, in one day, (one day in the animation that is).

Post a reply to this message

From: Klewlis
Date: 13 Feb 2017 11:50:00
Message: <web.58a1e2e7e97123ee5f9209890@news.povray.org>
"Klewlis" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

Anyone know why this works:

camera {
    location <-240, 100, 118>
    //direction <0, 0,  3.0>
    //right x*1.33
    look_at <0, 50, 118>
//experimental
    #if (frame_number>5)
            rotate x*(frame_number*10)
    #end
//#end experimental
}

But this doesn't:

camera {
    location <-240, 100, 118>
    //direction <0, 0,  3.0>
    //right x*1.33
    look_at <0, 50, 118>
//experimental
        #while (frame_number<11)
            rotate x*(frame_number*10)
        #end
//#end experimental
}

Post a reply to this message

<<< Previous 3 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>