POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Help with SDL for Bouncing Ball Server Time
29 Mar 2024 06:04:45 EDT (-0400)
  Help with SDL for Bouncing Ball (Message 13 to 22 of 22)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: Help with SDL for Bouncing Ball
Date: 6 Jan 2017 12:55:01
Message: <web.586fd936ccfba4d9c437ac910@news.povray.org>
So, I worked out a bit of code, and naturally the things I thought might work
didn't, and the half-edited stuff that I just said "aw, heck - lemme just click
the RUN button and see what happens..." works unexpectedly well.

Still some funny business I have to debug.

Of special interest was this:
http://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/245791/explicit-function-for-bouncing-ball?rq=1

though I can't quite seem to get his equation for K to work, because obviously,
E-1 is negative, multiplying that by T doesn't solve that, and then adding 1
doesn't bring it into the positive realm.
So I get a log of negative number! error

Any thoughts what my error in reading / interpreting / coding / implementation
is?

#declare E = 0.75;  // (Greek ksi)

#for (T, 0, 25)

 #declare K = floor(log( (E-1)*T+1 ) / log(E)); // log [base E] ( (E-1)*T + 1 )
 #declare Y = (1/2)*pow(E, K*T) * (T-(pow(E, K*T)-1)/E-1) - (1/2)*pow((T-(pow(E,
K*T)-1)/E-1),2);

 sphere {0, 2 pigment {Red} translate <T*10, Y, 0> }

#end

Post a reply to this message