POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Problems with the Pre_Frame_Command Server Time
28 Mar 2024 11:06:23 EDT (-0400)
  Problems with the Pre_Frame_Command (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Satadorus
Subject: Problems with the Pre_Frame_Command
Date: 3 Mar 2016 13:20:01
Message: <web.56d87fcacb814ed147220e180@news.povray.org>
Years ago I created an animation with Povray.

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0o0fgmyYYk

Now with a faster PC and a much better version of Povray I like to create the
same movie in Full HD ( 1920 x 1080 )

For older versions op Povray I used a Pre_Frame_Command to generate an insert
file for Povray.

like:

Pre_Frame_Command   = \raytrace\cbx\tools\makeobj.exe
\raytrace\cbx\inifiles\movies\camfol\camfol %n

In fact I call my Borland Pascal program makeobj.exe with 2 parameters:

1) the path and name of a number of files to create the animation.
2) the frame number for the animation.

With Povray 3.7 it doesn't work anymore:

Ik looks like the program MAKEOBJ.EXE is executed, but without the parameters.

If I call a batch file and redirect the output of MAKEOBJ.EXE to a file I see a
file-not found error.

And If I call a batch file with parameters it (sometimes) crashes Povray.

If I open a command prompt and copy the command line it works fine!

Now I remember that there was a note somewhere that in an earlier release the
Pre_Frame_Command did not work.

Is there a workaround for this problem?

- Olaf -

Post a reply to this message