POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : How to render rigid bodies Server Time
18 Apr 2024 16:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  How to render rigid bodies (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Subject: Re: How to render rigid bodies
Date: 29 Aug 2014 12:25:26
Message: <5400a976@news.povray.org>

> BTW, do you by any chance know tutorials which gave step-by-step
> instructions on how to render rigid bodies using POV-Ray?

   That's roughly what I've done for the Bullet Physics Playground:

   1) Export an INC file for every frame to be rendered, using your
transformations on the actual objects you want to render in place of the
rigid bodies. Give a numbered file name to each one. For example:
rigidbodies-00001.inc, rigidbodies-00002.inc, ..., rigidbodies-10000.inc.

   2) Create a main POV file which will include the corresponding INC
file for each step of the animation:

#include concat(concat("rigidbodies-",str(clock,-5,0)),".inc")

   Here you would include also the common parts for all frames, like
fixed scenery, lights and camera.

   3) Create an INI file specifying the frames to be rendered:

Input_File_Name=rigidbodies.pov
Output_File_Name=rigidbodies-
Output_to_File=On
Pause_When_Done=Off
Verbose=Off
Display=On
Initial_Clock=0
Final_Clock=10000
Final_Frame=10000

   4) Render the INI file and wait... ;)

   5) Use whatever tool you prefer to assemble the animation from the
individual pictures rendered by POV-Ray.

   Hope this helps...

--
Jaime