POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Some frames take forever.... Server Time
28 Mar 2024 15:36:04 EDT (-0400)
  Some frames take forever.... (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Some frames take forever....
Date: 6 Aug 2014 08:35:00
Message: <web.53e2206e7498dfad1af407390@news.povray.org>
> > There is a simple solution: POV-Ray knows nothing about the content of the scene
> > file. So it is possible to use an empty scene file to continue a trace...
>
> BTW - using a completely empty scene file is *not* always the best solution, as
> apparently pov-state does not contain *all* the information.

I said POV-Ray knows nothing about the content of the scene file, didn't I? ;-)

Naturally, if it knows nothing about the content, it can't have stored it, could
it?

> If e.g. display_gamma is used in the original scene file, that info does not get
> transmitted and the result may actually look completely different!

Of course the INI options are not stored there either (it would be possible to
add that info though), and naturally to continue a trace it is a good idea to
use the same INI settings other than the name of the file to render...