POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animating Blobman Server Time: 26 Jun 2019 09:46:28 GMT
  Animating Blobman (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: trp
Subject: Animating Blobman
Date: 1 Mar 2014 07:15:01
Message: <web.53118690644118624e8fd4d70@news.povray.org>
Or in this case Blobwoman in the guise of Lara Croft.

I know, in this age of Poser, Daz3D, Make Human and others you are asking,
“why?”

To that I can confidently answer, “uhhhhh, I don’t know.”

http://youtu.be/w1QIX7qnwZM

Actually, it is a test in combining actions within my Alive! program. The
animation itself isn’t very good. But, it overlays separately created actions.
First I have a simple action to just move and rotate the character’s placement
around on the stage. Then I have three major actions; standing, the walk cycle
and a quarter turn. They were laid over the top of the placement action. I then
created the arm gestures of pointing, waving, etc. and added those actions over
the top of the major actions. The finger point is a separate action from the arm
movement and goes on top of it. Finally what I call fidgets, the head movement,
eye blinks, and others are laid over the top of all the rest. Whatever gets
added just rolls in with what is already there. The actions can be combined and
can be reused with other characters.

I know it is not a great break thru and there are other animation programs that
already do this. I also don’t know if anybody else will find it at all
interesting. But, I’m having fun and thought I would share. :)

Post a reply to this message