POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Tips on spline animations? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 17:20:58 EDT (-0400)
  Tips on spline animations? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Tips on spline animations?
Date: 27 Aug 2013 13:05:01
Message: <web.521cdb69f7ddac4fbcfd532f0@news.povray.org>
I'm trying a walkthrough-type animation of an architectural structure, and this
is my first animation using splines.

I have one spline that defines the camera path, one that defines the look_at
point, and on to use as a triggering spline where "flag" values indicate where
lights should go on, doors should open, etc.

The initial run-through works ok, in that the camera actually goes where I
intended it to, though the look-at direction doesn't behave as expected.  No
surprises here, since I'm surprised run #1 has worked THIS well.  ;)

I'd like some tips on controlling turns, and traveling forward and then back
along a cul-de-sac in the path.  The camera seems to point backwards when I
thought I defined the look-at spline to be a point ahead on the camera spline.

I could also use a few tips on how best to handle going up and down staircases,
in terms of camera angle.

Post a reply to this message