POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation artefacts at high quality Server Time
28 Mar 2024 10:59:36 EDT (-0400)
  Animation artefacts at high quality (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Animation artefacts at high quality
Date: 31 Jul 2013 00:20:01
Message: <web.51f89004e244810373fc9ebb0@news.povray.org>
I rendered a 36-frame animation at Quality 10, and put the resulting bmp files
together using dtawin.  I get strange pixelation effects, and trailing bits of
texture that I didn't see at Quality 5.

This happens to parts of the scene file that don't move, that don't experience
any changes in light, and since this is my first animation project, I'm not sure
where to start looking for answers and solutions.

Post a reply to this message

> I rendered a 36-frame animation at Quality 10, and put the resulting bmp files
> together using dtawin.  I get strange pixelation effects, and trailing bits of
> texture that I didn't see at Quality 5.
>
> This happens to parts of the scene file that don't move, that don't experience
> any changes in light, and since this is my first animation project, I'm not sure
> where to start looking for answers and solutions.

Are you using some things like jitter (in lights) or rand? jitter is not
reccommanded for animations?
Your question is so evasive (!).

Post a reply to this message