POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : AutoClck.mcr Server Time
24 Apr 2024 04:30:16 EDT (-0400)
  AutoClck.mcr (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Alain
Subject: Re: AutoClck.mcr
Date: 7 Feb 2013 16:37:43
Message: <51141ea7$1@news.povray.org>

> Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:

>>> I have used Chris Colefax's excellent macros for animation years
>>> ago. Now I thought to use some time with Povray animation. I was
>>> quite upset when I found out that these essential macros are not
>>> compatible with 3.7.
>>
>>     Seems to me you are the only one out there with some knowledge of
>> these tools, and almost the only one with enough motivation to fix it...
>> maybe it's not that hard, and it's just a matter of adding semicolons at
>> the end of every #declare line. You could try that, and then tell us
>> what are the errors left.
>>
>> --
>> Jaime
>
> This will help for sure, but may be cumbersome if there are many #declare
> statements. If you use only SDL features from version 3.1 (and older and no
> features added in later releases) you can simply add "#version 3.1;" as the
> first line in your main scene file and don't need to add a semicolon after every
> #declare.
>
> Best regards,
> Michael

At the beggining if the file, add:
#declare Autoclick_Ver=version;
#version 3.1;

And, at the end, add:
#version Autoclick_Ver;
to restore the version setting for the rest of the scene.

You find a similar construct at the beggining and end of most standard
includes.

Alain

Post a reply to this message

From: MichaelJF
Date: 8 Feb 2013 12:00:01
Message: <web.51152e8f3b109664c52cedfa0@news.povray.org>
Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> At the beggining if the file, add:
> #declare Autoclick_Ver=version;
> #version 3.1;
>
> And, at the end, add:
> #version Autoclick_Ver;
> to restore the version setting for the rest of the scene.
>
> You find a similar construct at the beggining and end of most standard
> includes.
>

> Alain

I ever thought that a version decision is somewhat like a global setting. Thank
you for correcting my error. Now I understamd this version stuff at the
beginning and end of include files. One can ever learn...

Best regards,
Michael

Post a reply to this message

"MichaelJF" <mi-### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:

> I ever thought that a version decision is somewhat like a global setting. Thank
> you for correcting my error. Now I understamd this version stuff at the
> beginning and end of include files. One can ever learn...

Indeed! I was thinking of posting almost your exact words.

Thanks, Alain.