POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Export Settings in Quicktime Pro Server Time
28 Mar 2024 06:18:32 EDT (-0400)
  Export Settings in Quicktime Pro (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Sereib
Subject: Export Settings in Quicktime Pro
Date: 31 Oct 2012 05:45:01
Message: <web.5090f3118f4fbe517396802a0@news.povray.org>
Dear all,

I start to make movies from still images with Quicktime Pro.
The "png" codec seems to be lossless, just a series of png files in a movie.

Some people say that the "animation" codec is also lossless, but I wonder why
you can adjust the quality setting for this codec - this does not sound
lossless. Maybe the quality = "best" setting is really lossless?

Thank you!

Post a reply to this message

> I start to make movies from still images with Quicktime Pro.
> The "png" codec seems to be lossless, just a series of png files in a movie.
>
> Some people say that the "animation" codec is also lossless, but I wonder why
> you can adjust the quality setting for this codec - this does not sound
> lossless. Maybe the quality = "best" setting is really lossless?

 From Wikipedia:

"The Animation codec is a fast[citation needed] and lossless (if encoded
at 100% quality) QuickTime video codec [...]."
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animation_codec)

So yes, your interpretation is perfectly correct.