POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Re-rendering animations in 720p Server Time
28 Mar 2024 19:58:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re-rendering animations in 720p (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: HenryW
Subject: Re-rendering animations in 720p
Date: 11 Oct 2012 12:50:00
Message: <web.5076f78fab6dc735c69dc6290@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I've been away from POV-Ray for a few years, but getting back into it. I have
started re-rendering my earlier animations in 1280x720, assembling in ffmpeg,
and uploading to:

https://vimeo.com/channels/402842

Lots more still be be rendered.

Henry

Post a reply to this message

> I've been away from POV-Ray for a few years, but getting back into it. I have
> started re-rendering my earlier animations in 1280x720, assembling in ffmpeg,
> and uploading to:
>
> https://vimeo.com/channels/402842
>
> Lots more still be be rendered.

I like it, Henry. But I think that it would be more impressive if the
rotation were slower. It revolves too fast for my eyes to take in the
detail.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 11 Oct 2012 16:00:56
Message: <50772578$1@news.povray.org>
HenryW wrote:

> https://vimeo.com/channels/402842

Nice.

In case you also rerender you crowd scenes, I think they would
gain a lot from better proportions of your pov people (wider torso,
larger head, slighly thicker arms, legs *under* torso!). The
distance shots look good already.

Post a reply to this message

From: HenryW
Date: 12 Oct 2012 01:00:08
Message: <web.5077a3b2c512791bc69dc6290@news.povray.org>
> HenryW wrote:
>
> > https://vimeo.com/channels/402842
>
> Nice.
>
> In case you also rerender you crowd scenes, I think they would
> gain a lot from better proportions of your pov people (wider torso,
> larger head, slighly thicker arms, legs *under* torso!). The
> distance shots look good already.

It's fun playing around with the people dimensions and getting the random logic
correct. Thanks for the suggests, I'll keep tweaking them. I need to work on the
positioning logic, a few of them are standing on top of each other. Is there a
way in POV to find out if an object occupies a point in space, so another random
spot could be generated?

Post a reply to this message

From: HenryW
Date: 12 Oct 2012 01:05:08
Message: <web.5077a3f4c512791bc69dc6290@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 11/10/2012 5:45 PM, HenryW wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been away from POV-Ray for a few years, but getting back into it. I have
> > started re-rendering my earlier animations in 1280x720, assembling in ffmpeg,
> > and uploading to:
> >
> > https://vimeo.com/channels/402842
> >
> > Lots more still be be rendered.
> >
> I like it, Henry. But I think that it would be more impressive if the
> rotation were slower. It revolves too fast for my eyes to take in the
> detail.

Thanks for the suggestion Stephen. I does spin too fast. I will render another
version with a slower spin.

Post a reply to this message

From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 12 Oct 2012 16:17:38
Message: <50787ae2@news.povray.org>
HenryW wrote:

> It's fun playing around with the people dimensions and getting the random logic
> correct. Thanks for the suggests, I'll keep tweaking them. I need to work on the
> positioning logic, a few of them are standing on top of each other. Is there a
> way in POV to find out if an object occupies a point in space, so another random
> spot could be generated?

yes, have a look at the trace() function

Post a reply to this message

From: Leroy
Date: 23 Oct 2012 13:30:31
Message: <5086d437@news.povray.org>
or try inside(O,V) It returns either 0.0, when the vector V is outside
the object, specified by the object-identifier O, or 1.0 if it is inside.

Post a reply to this message

From: Kenneth
Date: 11 Dec 2012 07:20:00
Message: <web.50c724b6c512791bc2d977c20@news.povray.org>
Leroy <lrw### [at] joplincom> wrote:
> or try inside(O,V) It returns either 0.0, when the vector V is outside
> the object, specified by the object-identifier O, or 1.0 if it is inside.

That's a neat trick I didn't know of. (And using trace() along with it.) I'll
assume that inside() looks at the bounding-box or bounding volume of the object.
Thanks for the tip. I need to experiment, to find the proper methodology for
using it in a #while loop.