POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : YARV - A new little music video for fun Server Time
28 Mar 2024 10:27:01 EDT (-0400)
  YARV - A new little music video for fun (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Drakonis
Subject: YARV - A new little music video for fun
Date: 18 Sep 2012 23:40:01
Message: <web.50593e022b74f582e12136f20@news.povray.org>
"Be careful of working titles, they will take on a life of their own!"

It seemed innocent enough at the time.  I wrote a little piece of music, and had
to save it with some name, and chose "Synthopolis", because that came to mind
from the synthesizer voices I used.

So, what does this have to do with POV-Ray, you might ask?

Well, that darned "temporary name" kept telling me that it
wanted to be more than just a piece of music... so, I decided to make an
animated
music video from it, and the name "Synthopolis" and the march-style sound of the
music made me think of a little parade, in a "little" city.  So I started coding
up some little macros to create city blocks of multi-story buildings, and some
unusual parade floats, and from my recent introduction to "tilt-shift"
photography I wanted to make the POV-rendering even slower, so I added various

video happened!  There's still a lot I could do with this, but I wanted to wrap
it up and share the music and animation with everyone.  I did not use SSLT or
radiosity, but things are OK for now.  Let me know your thoughts good or bad!
I'm still learning this stuff!

My music video can be seen here: http://youtu.be/oihx9M7UpAM

ttfn,
Eduard