POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animating Lego Garage door Server Time
28 Mar 2024 08:54:51 EDT (-0400)
  Animating Lego Garage door (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Animating Lego Garage door
Date: 9 Jul 2012 18:07:38
Message: <4ffb562a$1@news.povray.org>
Am 09.07.2012 22:10, schrieb Le_Forgeron:
> Le 09/07/2012 21:55, Thomas nous fit lire :
>> Any comments welcome.
>
> Awesome.
>
> Yet, the right angle would actually kind of make it impossible to move
> that door the usual way. I guess it's just the original design of Lego.

It's not a right angle; it's an arc (albeit a small one).

> (a slanted section at 45°, however small as long as probably larger than
> 1 element, would really be helpful to open & close the door from a
> single point of action)

 From a theoretical point of view, anything that avoids an instantaneous
turn is sufficient; no 45° section needed, nor any minimum size of the
transition section (except a > 0 constraint). A larger size reduces the
maximum force required for movement (and also levels out the differences
in force required during different phases of the movement), but even
with extremely small transition section sizes the required force is
always limited.