POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : key frame animation Server Time
29 Mar 2024 06:35:06 EDT (-0400)
  key frame animation (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: CAD-Andi
Subject: key frame animation
Date: 29 Jul 2011 20:30:01
Message: <web.4e334fb11a7710722c30bb0@news.povray.org>
I'm getting ready to write the animation code for my current project.
It is going to be a camera animation where I'm animating the camera using two
natural splines (one controlling the position and another for heading and
up-down.)

I also want to trigger certain events such as opening doors and
switching lights on and off during the course of the movie. I'm thinking about
mis-using a linear_spline to control lights. "0.3, <0,0,1,>" would mean two
lights off, one lit at time index 0.3. This way I could precisely control at
what time index a light would turn on / off.

The problem is I have more than 3 things that I would like to control during the
animation. Is there a better way to "keyframe" more than 3 events in parallel in
sync with my camera motions without having to set up tons of linear_splines?

Just brain-storming here, Any Ideas are welcome. Thanks!

Post a reply to this message

> The problem is I have more than 3 things that I would like to control during the
> animation. Is there a better way to "keyframe" more than 3 events in parallel in
> sync with my camera motions without having to set up tons of linear_splines?
>
> Just brain-storming here, Any Ideas are welcome. Thanks!

I would use #switch

3.2.2.6.4 The #switch, #case, #range and #break Directives

--
Regards
     Stephen