POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : abstract generative animations rendered in POVRAY Server Time
29 Mar 2024 03:04:31 EDT (-0400)
  abstract generative animations rendered in POVRAY (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Leo
Subject: abstract generative animations rendered in POVRAY
Date: 21 Jan 2011 00:35:01
Message: <web.4d391a9defcde1476fa5af120@news.povray.org>
Hi-

After a few years away from POVRAY I have posted several abstract generative
animations rendered in POVRAY to my YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/solporter?feature=mhsn

I'd really like to have some orgainc elements to go with, e.g. drifting fog;
plus focal blur, and arrayed lights, but I have yet to find a good drifting fog
method, and lack the patientce for the expensive ray tracing techniques...

Hope people find these interesting,

Leo

Oops, think I previously posted this to the wrong group...

Post a reply to this message

> After a few years away from POVRAY I have posted several abstract generative
> animations rendered in POVRAY to my YouTube channel.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/user/solporter?feature=mhsn
>
> I'd really like to have some orgainc elements to go with, e.g. drifting fog;
> plus focal blur, and arrayed lights, but I have yet to find a good drifting fog
> method, and lack the patientce for the expensive ray tracing techniques...
>
> Hope people find these interesting,
>
> Leo
>

> Oops, think I previously posted this to the wrong group...

Very nice work, I enjoyed the abstract nature (and intriguing algorithms you
hint at) of these.  Your color choices are good, not too distracting and garish,
but pleasing.

Probably some light touches (pun intended) with a little more specular
highlights would help the surfaces a bit, as well as a less jerky camera
position during the sequence.  And of course some generative background music
might be fun... have you checked out tones.wolfram.com?

I'll go comment/subscribe to your channel (I'm "SchwanSongs") so you can
critique some of my POV-Ray animations too if you have time.

ttfn,
Drakonis

Post a reply to this message

> After a few years away from POVRAY I have posted several abstract generative
> animations rendered in POVRAY to my YouTube channel.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/user/solporter?feature=mhsn
>
> I'd really like to have some orgainc elements to go with, e.g. drifting fog;
> plus focal blur, and arrayed lights, but I have yet to find a good drifting fog
> method, and lack the patientce for the expensive ray tracing techniques...
>
> Hope people find these interesting,
>
> Leo
>

> Oops, think I previously posted this to the wrong group...

Nice, almost hypnotic.

Arrayed lights, what about area_light. Those are realy optimised arrays
of lights. If you use the adaptive option, you can have good quality and
decent speed.

Adding fog have only a small effect on the rendering speed.

Focal blur can be interesting, but it can kill your rendering speed.
Also, be sure that you don't overdo it.

Alain

Post a reply to this message