POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : creating a 2d water animation where the camera is half in and half out Server Time
29 Mar 2024 06:25:26 EDT (-0400)
  creating a 2d water animation where the camera is half in and half out (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: schoolCoder
Subject: creating a 2d water animation where the camera is half in and half out
Date: 1 Sep 2010 17:45:01
Message: <web.4c7ec840ed9ca1e59f1251c30@news.povray.org>
I am very new to povray, i had a class in school on it and learned some basics
on creating 3D pictures.  My job has me creating this advertisement for a
fishing store.  I would like an animation of the water being in 2D and the
camera being half way underwater and half way above the water.  And the
animation is that there are very small waves moving across the surface of the
water in 2D form.  Again i am very new to povray, so ANY way ANYONE can help i
would greatly appreciate it! Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

"schoolCoder" <mus### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> I am very new to povray, i had a class in school on it and learned some basics
> on creating 3D pictures.  My job has me creating this advertisement for a
> fishing store.  I would like an animation of the water being in 2D and the
> camera being half way underwater and half way above the water.  And the
> animation is that there are very small waves moving across the surface of the
> water in 2D form.  Again i am very new to povray, so ANY way ANYONE can help i
> would greatly appreciate it! Thanks.

Hi!

Having the screen halve under and halve over water would mean you have to create
your water as a block and place your camera origin on the same plane like the
"top" surface. As far as the water animation goes, check out Peterson
Trethewey's "Fountain" on Paul Bourkes website. link:
http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/exhibition/scc5/final.html. Maybe his
fantastic little script will inspire you.

Andi