POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Spheres stretching at the edges of the camera view--warping. Server Time
25 Apr 2024 03:31:10 EDT (-0400)
  Spheres stretching at the edges of the camera view--warping. (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: RC
Subject: Spheres stretching at the edges of the camera view--warping.
Date: 15 Jun 2010 18:10:01
Message: <web.4c17f96077057e3ae1acfc5e0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I've been rendering some rolling spheres across the screen, but I'm noticing
that the spheres start to warp at the edges of my view. I've been playing with
the right function and other camera parameters, but I can't seem to get it
right.

This artifact appears almost like a stretching so the balls on the outside are
no longer perfectly spherical.

Has anyone seen this issue before? I'm thinking its something simple I'm not
doing.

Here's my camera and global setup:
global_settings {ambient_light rgb< 1.5,1.5, 1.5>
}

camera {
  location  <0, 0, -12>
  direction 1.5*z
  up y
  right  x*image_width/image_height
  look_at   <0.0,0.0,0.0>
}

Here's one of my spheres:
 object { GolfBall
  scale 0.7
  rotate <0, 0, -clock*a*180>
  translate <-5.5, 2.9, 0>
  translate <1,0,0>
          }

Is this possibly related to the scale of my objects/spheres?

Post a reply to this message

> I've been rendering some rolling spheres across the screen, but I'm noticing
> that the spheres start to warp at the edges of my view.

It's a projection effect. To reduce it, increase the distance
to the camera while decreasing the viewing angle.

Post a reply to this message