POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Utility for creating animations in POV Server Time: 22 Jul 2019 22:38:50 GMT
  Utility for creating animations in POV (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: trp
Subject: Utility for creating animations in POV
Date: 17 Dec 2009 15:10:00
Message: <web.4b2a49052ec4f00bba08f230@news.povray.org>
Hello All.

I have written a small program to create character animations in POV. Would
anyone like to beta test it? It works on the idea of designing a skeletal
structure and then using CSG to put “meat” on the bones. You can then create
action files that manipulate the bones and the corresponding CSG over time. All
of the output is POV code. The documentation with some lesson tutorials is
on-line if you want to look at it before trying the program.

The program is beta so expect some bugs. But, it does seem to work even though I
already have a list of things to fix and finish. Let me know what you find and I
will correct it. I’m also willing to listen to suggestions for improvements or
options.

You can find it at http://www.imagicproductions.com

Look in the section labeled “Alive! for POV”

Thanks,
TRP

Post a reply to this message

"trp" <trp### [at] imagicproductionscom> wrote:
> Hello All.
>
> I have written a small program to create character animations in POV. Would
> anyone like to beta test it? It works on the idea of designing a skeletal
> structure and then using CSG to put “meat” on the bones. You can then create
> action files that manipulate the bones and the corresponding CSG over time. All
> of the output is POV code. The documentation with some lesson tutorials is
> on-line if you want to look at it before trying the program.
>
> The program is beta so expect some bugs. But, it does seem to work even though I
> already have a list of things to fix and finish. Let me know what you find and I
> will correct it. I’m also willing to listen to suggestions for improvements or
> options.
>
> You can find it at http://www.imagicproductions.com
>
> Look in the section labeled “Alive! for POV”
>
> Thanks,
> TRP

I just posted a similar-sounding include file called bones.inc at
http://www.magicalrobotics.com/bones.zip

Post a reply to this message