POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Object animated with camera following the movements Server Time
28 Mar 2024 19:36:44 EDT (-0400)
  Object animated with camera following the movements (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Giuela
Subject: Object animated with camera following the movements
Date: 25 Nov 2009 05:00:01
Message: <web.4b0cff4fa6e1ad0d27eef15b0@news.povray.org>
I want to do an animation of an object which moves in the space with non linear
trajectory and I want the camera to follow the movements, but I can't do this,
because when I change the "location" and "look_at vectors", the perspective
changes suddenly; i've tried to use the "sky" statement, but I don't exactly
know how it works and if it helps me.

To do an example, if I want do move the camera from:

x = 0
y = 0
z = 0

x = 10
y = 5
z = 12

pointing always the same point with a parabolic trajectory, which parameters
have I to give to my camera statement? How can I rotate the camera in the space?

Post a reply to this message

> I want to do an animation of an object which moves in the space with non linear
> trajectory and I want the camera to follow the movements, but I can't do this,
> because when I change the "location" and "look_at vectors", the perspective
> changes suddenly; i've tried to use the "sky" statement, but I don't exactly
> know how it works and if it helps me.

You were on the right track with the sky statement.

Sky <(sin (radians(A)), (cos(radians(A)), 0>

Where A is the angle in degrees.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen