POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Displaying video clips with smooth frame rate conversion Server Time
18 Apr 2024 12:38:01 EDT (-0400)
  Displaying video clips with smooth frame rate conversion (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: moppel
Subject: Displaying video clips with smooth frame rate conversion
Date: 24 Mar 2009 04:45:01
Message: <web.49c89c9c1f9368118b1036940@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I just posted this on general, but it appears to be more suitable here. I made a
Povray include file that I would like to share:

The macros defined in the file imagesequence.inc make it easy for you to display
one or several video clips of any frame rate (previously stored as image
sequences) in an animated scene, applying sophisticated frame rate conversion
which properly blends subsequent images into one frame. That is, when you
downsample from a high frame rate, you will see "motion blur" in the rendered
frames.
To embed an image sequence in a scene, you first create an image sequence object
and assign the sequence's properties to it (file name, first and last file
index, bitmap type, frame rate etc.). Then you can create a pigment from the
image sequence and assign it to any object in your scene. That pigment will
change with the animation time (clock), displaying the frame that belongs to
clock (in seconds).

Special features:
* You can define as many image sequence objects as you like and assign different
properties to them, even different frame rates.
* You can assign an image sequence object to a variable, creating a new image
sequence object with the same properties. Then you can arbitrarily change the
properties of the new image sequence object.
* You can change the blending behavior of the frame rate conversion algorithm.
You can use the default blending, which blends SourceFPS/TargetFPS images into
one frame (eg. if you convert from 50fps to 20fps, then 50/20=2.5 images are
blended into one frame). Or you can increase the amount of blended images,
making the rendered images more motion-blurred. Or you can turn off the
blending entirely.
* You can easily display an image sequence full screen. By this, you can convert
the frame rate of a video clip.

You can find further information, a demo, and the package for downloading here:

http://www.tutututututu.de/video/index.html (scroll down)

Cheers,
Burkhard

Post a reply to this message