POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : XXL avi from PovRay Server Time
28 Mar 2024 05:17:12 EDT (-0400)
  XXL avi from PovRay (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: mapuchu
Subject: XXL avi from PovRay
Date: 1 Oct 2008 17:55:01
Message: <web.48e3f03887292f04f0a572ca0@news.povray.org>
Hello,

my animation with Povray is 200 frames long
I build an avi-file with the 200 images
and get a movie of 6 seconds which size is 100 megabytes in the best case.
This would lead to 60 gigabytes for an 1 hour movie.

I would apreciate help to reduce my avi's
mappuchu

Post a reply to this message

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xvid

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> my animation with Povray is 200 frames long
> I build an avi-file with the 200 images
> and get a movie of 6 seconds which size is 100 megabytes in the best case.
> This would lead to 60 gigabytes for an 1 hour movie.
>
> I would apreciate help to reduce my avi's
> mappuchu

I use to have similar problems, my animations are always huge!!! My only advice
is : learn to use codecs and check by trial and error how to get the best
quality/size ratio. In my experience, it is not an easy task. I'm still trying
to get it!!!

Post a reply to this message

>my animation with Povray is 200 frames long
>I build an avi-file with the 200 images
>and get a movie of 6 seconds which size is 100 megabytes in the best case.
>This would lead to 60 gigabytes for an 1 hour movie.
>
>I would apreciate help to reduce my avi's
>mappuchu

I use TMPGEnc to create my animations (Mpg). I generally vary the bit rate to
control the size of the final file. As Kyle says it is down to experimentation
to get the size/quality acceptable.
--

Regards
     Stephen