POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : musicvideo with povray Server Time
16 Apr 2024 07:46:14 EDT (-0400)
  musicvideo with povray (Message 1 to 10 of 21)
From: crearto
Subject: musicvideo with povray
Date: 12 Jun 2008 06:15:01
Message: <web.4850f6487448824c68a85cf10@news.povray.org>
the last six month, I've written 320KB programcode for POV-Ray in 36 inc-files,
1 pov-file and 1 ini-file.
Then I start the ini file:

Initial_Frame= 1
Final_Frame= 11700

and just a lot of weeks later I've got this video to music from Ulrich Teufel:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=sgXLq4tI7W0

Gerhard
www.crearto.de

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 06:11:20 EDT, "crearto" <inf### [at] creartode> wrote:

>the last six month, I've written 320KB programcode for POV-Ray in 36 inc-files,
>1 pov-file and 1 ini-file.
>Then I start the ini file:
>
>Initial_Frame= 1
>Final_Frame= 11700
>
>and just a lot of weeks later I've got this video to music from Ulrich Teufel:
>
>http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=sgXLq4tI7W0
>
>Gerhard
>www.crearto.de

It has a certain wow factor. Or as we say at home "not bad" :)
Actually I'm lost for words it is so good.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> the last six month, I've written 320KB programcode for POV-Ray in 36 inc-files,
> 1 pov-file and 1 ini-file.
> Then I start the ini file:
>
> Initial_Frame= 1
> Final_Frame= 11700
>
> and just a lot of weeks later I've got this video to music from Ulrich Teufel:
>
> http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=sgXLq4tI7W0
>
> Gerhard
> www.crearto.de

That was very, very cool! :)

Post a reply to this message

> and just a lot of weeks later I've got this video to music from Ulrich Teufel:

Alien art-deco music video in the shiny, shiny future. What more could
you ask for?  Are you going to make a high-res less-compressed version
available?

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints:

> the last six month, I've written 320KB programcode for POV-Ray in 36 inc-files,
> 1 pov-file and 1 ini-file.
> Then I start the ini file:
>
> Initial_Frame= 1
> Final_Frame= 11700
>
> and just a lot of weeks later I've got this video to music from Ulrich Teufel:
>
> http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=sgXLq4tI7W0
>
> Gerhard
> www.crearto.de

Reminds me of the "Minds Eye" series of VHS/DVD. Most impressive.

Post a reply to this message

From: Robert McGregor
Date: 13 Jun 2008 12:45:00
Message: <web.4852a3ead514881486ff1d480@news.povray.org>
"crearto" <inf### [at] creartode> wrote:
> the last six month, I've written 320KB programcode for POV-Ray in 36 inc-files,
> 1 pov-file and 1 ini-file.
> Then I start the ini file:
>
> Initial_Frame= 1
> Final_Frame= 11700
>
> and just a lot of weeks later I've got this video to music from Ulrich Teufel:
>
> http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=sgXLq4tI7W0
>
> Gerhard
> www.crearto.de

This is really impressive Gerhard! Incredible work.

Am I right in assuming, from all the glowing things in the video, that you
rendered this with MegaPOV? Or was there some post-processing in After Effects
or some other program?

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 13 Jun 2008 12:53:43
Message: <4852a617$1@news.povray.org>
"crearto" <inf### [at] creartode> wrote in message
> the last six month, I've written 320KB programcode for POV-Ray in 36
> inc-files,
> 1 pov-file and 1 ini-file.
> Then I start the ini file:
>
> Initial_Frame= 1
> Final_Frame= 11700
>
> and just a lot of weeks later I've got this video to music from Ulrich
> Teufel:
>
> http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=sgXLq4tI7W0

   Just brilliant. I really liked that. Good choice of music, for me it was
a perfect fit. As for doing that in PoV-Ray, I'm just astounded. I hope
you're in some top job somewhere doing this, but if not, you should be.

 Well done, and thanks for sharing.

    ~Steve~

> Gerhard
> www.crearto.de

Post a reply to this message

From: crearto
Date: 13 Jun 2008 14:35:00
Message: <web.4852bc8dd514881488c11c7e0@news.povray.org>
Thanx to all for your good feedback :-)

> Am I right in assuming, from all the glowing things in the video, that you
> rendered this with MegaPOV? Or was there some post-processing in After Effects
> or some other program?

Yes, ist "glow" from MegaPOV - no postworks.

> Are you going to make a high-res less-compressed version
> available?

I'll try to release it on DVD and I want to rerender it for Blue-Ray in FullHD
(maybe it takes a lot of month with my old computer ;-) )

regards to all of you
Gerhard

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 13 Jun 2008 16:19:49
Message: <4852d665@news.povray.org>
crearto wrote:
> I'll try to release it on DVD and I want to rerender it for Blue-Ray in FullHD
> (maybe it takes a lot of month with my old computer ;-) )

If you're going to re-render it anyway, I'd point out that the last
symbol crash (with the white splash off the eye-shaped disk) does not
match the audio. You have one more audio splash than visual splash.