POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation Creator/Stripper Server Time
20 Apr 2024 06:54:10 EDT (-0400)
  Animation Creator/Stripper (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Woody
Subject: Animation Creator/Stripper
Date: 3 Mar 2008 10:30:01
Message: <web.47cc187b26aab27294e61a50@news.povray.org>
Hey All, I'm looking for two types of utilities, preferably free/open source and
preferably one application stead of two.

1) Program to create a movie file from picture files and sound files. It would
be nice to have some basic automation ability, as well as features as choosing
frame rate, etc.

2) Program to strip a movie down to its individual frames and sound files/sound
track. Might be nice to be able to choose something like every 2 frames, every
4 frames, every 8 frames, etc.

Any suggestions?

-Jeff

Post a reply to this message

> 1) Program to create a movie file from picture files and sound files. It would
> be nice to have some basic automation ability, as well as features as choosing
> frame rate, etc.

http://www.virtualdub.org/

Dan
GoofyGraffix.com

Post a reply to this message

> Hey All, I'm looking for two types of utilities, preferably free/open
> source and
> preferably one application stead of two.
>
> 1) Program to create a movie file from picture files and sound files. It
> would
> be nice to have some basic automation ability, as well as features as
> choosing
> frame rate, etc.
>
> 2) Program to strip a movie down to its individual frames and sound
> files/sound
> track. Might be nice to be able to choose something like every 2 frames,
> every
> 4 frames, every 8 frames, etc.

AVIsynth will let you do both of those, but beware it's a kind of scripting
language just like POV.

For 1) you would write something like:

video = ImageSource("frame%04d.png", start=0, end=1500, fps=25,pixel_type =
"rgb24")
return video

and for 2) you can write: (to eg save 1st 100 frames to drive C)

video = DirectShowSource("existing video clip.mp4")
ImageWriter( video , "C:\" , 0 , 100 , type="jpg" )